What Is A Hyundai Certified Pre Owned Vehicle?
LEARN ABOUT HYUNDAI CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED
Selecting a Hyundai Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicle is a confidence-inspiring choice. Why? Because Hyundai CPO vehicles come with a manufacturer-backed warranty, are high quality, and in like-new condition. They're also inspected by technicians at Hyundai dealerships to a 150-point* standard specified by Hyundai Motor America. Which means there's less to worry about now and down the road.
Striking design, human-focused technology, and uncompromised workmanship are standard equipment in all Hyundai vehicles. And only Hyundai vehicles that comply with the following requirements are eligible to become a Hyundai Certified Pre-Owned vehicle:
- Be a maximum of five years old, with less than 60,000 miles.
- Pass a comprehensive 150-point* quality assurance inspection by a Hyundai dealership technician
- Have a clean, non-branded title as verified by a CARFAX Vehicle History Report Hyundai Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle History Report.
$2,066 OF ADDED VALUE IN EVERY HYUNDAI CPO VEHICLE
With your purchase of a Hyundai CPO vehicle, you receive the following suite of benefits valued at $2,066:
- Remainder of the 5-Year / 60,000 Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty
- Reinstatement of the 10-Year / 100,000 Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty
- Comprehensive 150-Point* quality assurance inspection
- CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ CARFAX Vehicle History Report Hyundai Certified Pre-Owned
- 10-Year / Unlimited Mileage Roadside Assistance
- Rental car and travel interruption reimbursement for covered repairs
- 90-Days of No-Charge SiriusXM® Satellite Radio SiriusXM Radio All Access Trial Hyundai Certified Pre-Owned All Access Trial
- The option to purchase a Hyundai Protection Plan vehicle service contract at participating dealers.
$2,066 represents the national value of benefits included in the purchase of a Hyundai CPO vehicle as compared to a non-certified used Hyundai. Since $2,066 represents an average for all Hyundai CPO vehicles sold nationally, individual value received may vary. See dealer for program benefit details.
IS THERE A DIFFERENCE IN CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED PROGRAMS?
Yes, there is a difference. With the increased popularity of certified vehicles, there has been an increase in the number of 'certified' vehicle programs available to consumers. This can lead to confusion over what the term 'certified' really means. How do different 'certified' programs compare?
All Hyundai Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicles are backed by Hyundai Motor America (HMA) and include the remainder of the 10-Year / 100,000 Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty†‡. Hyundai CPO vehicles are inspected by technicians at Hyundai dealerships to a 150-point* standard specified by Hyundai. Only HMA can offer a powertrain limited warranty on a Hyundai CPO vehicle. Repair service is available nationwide through any authorized Hyundai dealership in the United States.
Additional benefits of Hyundai CPO ownership include: a no-charge CARFAX Vehicle History Report; 10-Year / unlimited mile roadside assistance; rental car and travel interruption reimbursement; special financing rates through Hyundai Motor Finance; and 90-days of no-charge SiriusXM satellite radio "All Access" trial.
Third Party 'Certified'
Vehicles are inspected to the standards set by a 3rd party company (not the vehicle manufacturer) and additional vehicle component protection is provided by a vehicle service contract, not a warranty. Repair is typically handled through the selling dealer. Other repair locations may be authorized by the 3rd party company under whose certification the vehicle is sold.
Vehicles are inspected to the standards set by a particular dealer (not the vehicle manufacturer) and additional vehicle component protection is provided by a vehicle service contract, not a warranty. Repair is typically handled through the selling dealer. Other repair locations may be authorized by the dealer under whose certification the vehicle is sold.
Compare the type of vehicle certification programs in the included table.
+From original in-service date and zero (0) miles. *154-Point Inspection for Sonata Hybrid; 166-Point Inspection for Equus. ‡$50 deductible per repair visit applies.